Reflect on a time when you discovered a new perspective that completely changed how you viewed a person, group, or place. How did your previous “single story” shape your thoughts or actions?
Response: I have lived in Atlanta my entire life so my perception of what a city is has been entirely warped around what I know about the few places I have been in Atlanta. I don't really leave my immediate neighborhood or really head in town a lot except for events or specific outings so while I claim to know city life I am mostly just accustomed to semi-suburban living. When we started travelling we went places like Chicago and New York City where I got to explore more of a "proper" city and I learned so much more about what a city looks like.
Summary: We worked on our culture masks again.
Reflection: I liked doing the coloring and fully fleshing out the masks. I think mine is pretty good.
Comments
Post a Comment