In Fences, the fence is a physical object, but it can also represent the emotional or personal barriers people create. Think about a “fence” you have built in your own life. What were you trying to keep out or protect yourself from? Did that fence help you or hold you back? Explain.
Response: I have built fences by keeping myself in my house and not really going out with friends much. It has given me a lot of personal time and the freedom to laze around my house a lot. But it has also led me to be fairly isolated from my friends. It has also impeded my ability to make new friends and deepen a relationship with them because I am too scared of getting tired.
Summary: We started reading Fences.
Reflection: I'm not excited to read a play in class. It's going to go by really slowly and you're going to get mad at everyone for not being an A list actor.
Comments
Post a Comment