After watching your classmates present their identity masks, think about how people are often more complex than what we see on the outside. What did the presentations teach you about looking beyond the surface when getting to know someone?

 Response: The presentations today showed me how little I actually know about my classmates. I got to learn so much about people and their identities that I would not have known otherwise. Without even activley thinking about it I had already made decisions about the other people in class. I separated myself from them but these presentations show that we are all more similar than we think.

Summary: We presented our masks.

Reflection: It was nice to learn more things about my classmates. A lot of people had similar things on their mask.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write about an experience when someone assumed something about you because of a stereotype. What was the situation, and what did you do?

In “Girl” by Jamaica Kincaid, the mother provides her daughter with numerous expectations about how a girl should behave. Reflect on a specific gender expectation within your culture that has been challenging for you to navigate. Then describe one clear example of this expectation and explain why it has been difficult for you. Keep your response concise, vivid, and focused on your personal experience.

If you could share one dish from your culture or family traditions with someone who has never tried it, what would you choose? What would you want that person to understand about you or your culture through that dish?