Which learning method do you enjoy the most? Class discussions, worksheet work, or hands-on activities. Select one and tell why.

 Response: I enjoy worksheet work the most because I work better when I am able to pace myself. I can read through instructions as much as I need to. I like when I can work quietly and on my own. Sometimes when I have teachers or other students trying to butt into what i'm doing it'll mess me up and even confuse me more. I don't really like doing class discussions because I don't think they really go anywhere in this class but I am fine with the occasional hands-on activity to shake things up.

Summary: We read a passage about stereotypes and answered questions about it.

Reflection: I hadn't ever really thought about the impact of stereotypes on everyday life and how others interact with you. I found this passage pretty interesting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write about an experience when someone assumed something about you because of a stereotype. What was the situation, and what did you do?

In “Girl” by Jamaica Kincaid, the mother provides her daughter with numerous expectations about how a girl should behave. Reflect on a specific gender expectation within your culture that has been challenging for you to navigate. Then describe one clear example of this expectation and explain why it has been difficult for you. Keep your response concise, vivid, and focused on your personal experience.

If someone tried to understand you using only your race, what important things would that person miss? Describe at least three other parts of your cultural identity that help make you who you are.