Think about the different people, cultures, experiences, communities, interests, and traditions that have shaped who you are. What parts of your identity have had the greatest influence on the person you are today? Have you ever felt pressure to change, hide, or emphasize a part of yourself in order to fit in?
Response: I think my gender and age are both very impactful parts of my identity. Being part of the LGBTQ+ community has forced me to really consider who I am as a person and what/who I value. My age has also led me to be more involved in social media and modern issues which has made me more perceptive to the world around me than older generations. I have felt pressure to change/hide parts of my identity before. There are some situations when it is best to not come out to people or just let them assume I am a girl so I can avoid conflict or a big argument.
Summary: We read A Korean Dream.
Reflection: I found the poem pretty interesting, I thought it really showed a tragic dissonance that so many people face.
Comments
Post a Comment