Take a clear picture of your "I, Too" poem and post it to your blog. To post the picture to your blog, click on the image icon within the post, and it will allow you to upload your picture. Your response for this blog post will simply be the inspiration behind the poem. Your reflection will be about you presenting the poem to the class or the process of composing the poem.

 Response: My inspiration for this was this poem itself. I was not super stoked to write this poem and spent all day thinking about what to write about so I turned that idea into the poem itself. I know I don't always put my 100 percent into this class but that doesn't mean I don't care about anything. There are things that I am very passionate about and I put a lot of effort into those things so when I am called unmotivated I feel offended.

Summary: We presented our poems and read the I want a wife passage.

Reflection: I think my poem presentation went pretty well. I forgot some of what I had written and couldn't read my own handwriting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write about an experience when someone assumed something about you because of a stereotype. What was the situation, and what did you do?

In “Girl” by Jamaica Kincaid, the mother provides her daughter with numerous expectations about how a girl should behave. Reflect on a specific gender expectation within your culture that has been challenging for you to navigate. Then describe one clear example of this expectation and explain why it has been difficult for you. Keep your response concise, vivid, and focused on your personal experience.

If someone tried to understand you using only your race, what important things would that person miss? Describe at least three other parts of your cultural identity that help make you who you are.