If someone tried to understand you using only your race, what important things would that person miss? Describe at least three other parts of your cultural identity that help make you who you are.
Response: If someone tried to understand me only by my race they would miss things like where I grew up,my gender and my sexuality, which have all had a large impact on who I am as a person and how I act around others. A person is a combination of all their experiences and all the aspects of their identity. Taking away just one part of that identity strips that person of any complexity so trying to understand someone by just one bit of themselves like race is a complete disservice to their experiences and their life.
Summary: We watched 3 videos about racial identity and answered questions in writable.
Reflection: I found these videos really made me think about race in a way I hadn't before. I found discussion about it pretty interesting.
Comments
Post a Comment