Describe a meaningful family tradition unique to your culture and explain how it mirrors or contrasts with the cultural identity themes of expectations.
Response: In my family it is frowned upon to start eating before everyone sits down at the table. I have gotten in trouble a lot of times for chowing down on my dinner before my parents even set their plates. This has been a tradition for as long as I can remember that is always more strict whenever we go to visit my mom's parents. This mirrors the ideas of cultural expectations by upholding the expectation of kindness, patience and manners. While manners aren't as strict as other families my mom especially still likes to stress the importance of a clean and polite exterior at the very least.
Summary: We presented our names.
Reflection: I found it really interesting to hear about everyone's names and stories behind them.
Comments
Post a Comment